03/14/2017 Eavestroughs are basically the gutters, which are located at
the base of your roof. They play a crucial role in the construction of your
house. It is specially designed to collect and drain water away from your home.
They help the water to easily slide off the roof, when it rains. Therefore, a
good eavestrough system is very essential. They are available in aluminum,
copper and galvanized metal.
The functions of eavestroughs are:
· One of the main function of the eavestroughs is to prevent water ingress into the fabric of the building. They help in channeling the rainwater away from the exterior walls and their foundations. Since, if the water is allowed to run down the walls of the house, then it results in dampness in the affected rooms. Eventually, it leads to a favorable environment suitable for the growth of mold, and wet rot in timber.
· They help in preventing water damage to your underlayment bricks, shingles and various other parts of your roof. Since, it ensures proper drainage and ventilation of the roof. In addition, it also prevents the buildup of moisture in your attic and under the roof, which can lead to damage to your shingles and underlayment over time.
· Eavestroughs also provide a polished appearance to your home.
· It collects precipitation and drains it away from your house. Thus, it also prevents your yard from flooding.
· Eavestroughs also help in preventing soil erosion around your home or the wash out of landscaping.
· Moreover, they also improve circulation of air in your attic and eaves. Hence, it is crucial that you have a good quality eavestrough system.
· Additionally, they prevent animal intrusion. Hence, increasing the life span of your roof and ultimately your home.
· When an eavestrough is installed properly, it also protects your home from unnecessary damage that may result in expensive repairs. Hence, helping you to save you money in future repairs.
Reasons to keep the eavestroughs clean:
Eavestroughs are often ignored and neglected by homeowners. It sometimes falls into the category of the ‘not so obvious’ areas of your home. But, it is important to pay attention to this part of your home.
If you do not maintain the eavestrough properly, it can cause serious water damage. You may find it to be a dirty job, but it is undoubtedly a necessary one. Otherwise, it may pose a risk to your home insurance plan.
Besides cleaning the eavestroughs, you should also pay attention that there are no leaks. Otherwise, if left untreated, it can turn into mold very quickly, which is harmful to the lungs.
If your eavestroughs get clogged, it leads to the buildup of stagnant water. In some climates, this buildup is suitable for the breeding of mosquitos. Clogging also leads to flooding and greater water damage to the exterior as well as the interior of the house itself. So, you should take necessary steps to prevent clogged gutters.
Therefore, we can conclude that if you have a clogged, old, or ill-functioning eavestrough system, it could eventually result in structural damage, mold, rot, decay, etc.
So, the cleaning and maintaining of eavestroughs is crucial to keep your home in the best condition. It is vital, if you want to protect the value of your home and personal property. Moreover, if you ever want to sell your home or get it appraised, this is an important factor.
Fortunately, the process of maintaining and cleaning the eavestrough is not difficult. It is definitely, worth the effort.
If you do not want to concern yourself with the cleaning of your eavestroughs, then the option of professional help is also available. Sometimes, it is also recommended to seek professional assistance. If you do so, you get the assurance that the eavestroughs will be cleaned thoroughly and it will not lead to any serious damage in the future.
You may lack the experience of climbing onto the roof of your home. In that scenario, it might be dangerous for you to try to attempt the same. Furthermore, you have to ensure that you are cleaning it carefully as well as thoroughly.
On the other hand, professionals know the best way of doing the work that will increase the value of your home. There are many roofing companies, which you can contact for this job. If you are in doubt, you can also ask for an estimate and get some advice. However, you should always do some research before you hire someone, as you will be entrusting them with a vital part of your home.
Integrity Roofers Ltd. is operated and owned by Shay Barat. We are a Quality Master and a Master Shingle Applicator. Shay provides only top quality service in the industry. We are well versed in the most advanced and current roofing trends. Our works also includes usage of most updated technology ap…